20 ways to grow your online sales
- 07 Dec
20 ways to grow your online sales
As Amazon grips the Australian market, there has NEVER been a more important time for businesses to have an online shopping store and eCommerce program.
Here are 20 ways to do it.
For those who already have an online shopping store, whether it’s a single product or many, there are lots of things that you can do that will increase your sales and optimise your online conversion rate.
5 key factors that influence online sales:
• SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
• Product offer and range
• Marketing campaigns
• Online Store shopping experience and functionality
• Customer loyalty programs and remarketing.
Every business with online shopping stores will need to constantly make changes to improve their eCommerce performance. Updating your online store improves the customer shopping experience, which encourages return sales.
We have provided 20 different ways that you can enhance your eCommerce store. Remember, there’s no one easy fix – rather, it’s the result of many tiny changes that will add up over time.
20 ways to increase your online sales
1. Build unique, searchable description of each product to increase SEO.
2. Build your online customers reviews. Email your customers and ask them to leave a review of the product they purchased
3. Implement a simple to use and familiar payment gateway, e.g. Shopify, PayPal. Square etc
4. Up and cross-sell functionality. Plug-in shopping cart modules can provide an optional add-on sale opportunity, e.g. related products or recommendations.
5. Page layout and design. Initiative design to improve the shopping experience. Many people abandon their purchase because they are uncomfortable or confused with the site’s navigation.
6. Use page analytical tools like Mouseflow or Crazy Egg to monitor your eCommerce pages
(click rate, scrolling, time on page).
7. Incorporate product review videos, testimonials, free trials or demonstrations, these all help increase the sales conversion rate.
8. Manage your inventory and out of stocks – monitor customer orders and deliveries.
9. Monitor your website performance. For every second it takes your page to load, you lose them.
10. Build a blog or a newsletter where you talk about your product range, discounts and upcoming special offers or new product ranges.
11. Think about offering a money back guarantee, free postage as additional offers.
12. Build your business and also product brand. Ensure people are aware who they’re buying from. Do this by adding logos, street address, and phone numbers to the pages.
13. Manage your social media, keep abreast of customer complaints or people offering praise. Learn how to engage with them from a social media specialist.
14. Google analytics monitors the performance of your shopper journey through an online dashboard using real-time data. Use split test tools to review page performance.
15. Invest in digital marketing tools and campaigns. Tools like Facebook, Google AdWords, and Instagram allow you to target marketing, pixel, and track page visits for remarketing, e.g. remarket to people who abandon at the checkout.
16. Partner with marketing affiliates. Marketing partners have an established loyal database and successful email marketing programs that can quickly drive traffic to your online store. Try companies like Catch of the Day and Black Friday Sales.
17. Grow your email subscriptions – encourage people to sign up for your newsletter and be sure to add new customers to your email marketing database (send them a welcome email and offer).
18. Use marketplaces to grow your business. Expose your products to millions of people who already shop on marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon.
19. Build a price strategy. Understand the market and your competitors. Incorporate special deals such as 2 for 1 offers, loyalty programs, and channel pricing maths.
20. Engage the services of a specialist agency or who provides business growth strategies, digital marketing and sales campaigns.
Are you concerned about the launch of Amazon?
Has the arrival of Amazon got you thinking about how you can improve your eCommerce offer?
rev Sales & Marketing Acceleration provide an eCommerce Healthcheck and Enhancement service.
Send an enquiry to MentorMe@retaile-v.com.au
Recommended articles based upon this topic;
How to Market a Small Business
Do-It-For-Me Social Media & Digital Marketing Services
10-Step Brand & Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
Digital Marketing How-To Guide
How to use Digital Marketing Pixels
An iPad giveaway doesn't count as event marketing nor lead generation
10 Step Process to Implement Digital Marketing
Building An Automated Sales Lead Generation
Developing a KILLER Sales Strategy
Sales Coaching & Mentoring Programs
Creating a Successful Sales Team from Scratch
Implementing a Sales Process & Framework
The Art of Sales Qualification
Building a Mobile and Google Friendly Website
rev™ Website Lead Tracker shows companies who visit your website
rev™ Referral Program
Business-To-Business (B2B) Marketing
Marketing and Sales Training Programs, Workshops and Webinars
Keywords: eCommerce, Online Shopping, Shopping Cart, Shopify, Retail Store, eTailing, Selling Online, Digital Marketing, NetSuite, Magento, BigCommerce, Marketing Online, Marketplaces, eBay, Amazon